Sweet Potato Fajitas - Twist on a Favourite

This is a recipe of my own creation and is by no means my way of pushing vegetarianism on anyone. I have been reading a lot on plant based diets and have tried to incorporate a few of these meals into my weekly meal planning

After eating shredded pork most of last week, I just needed a break from meat and decided to whip up these super easy, filling and seriously scrumptious Sweet Potato Fajitas.



You can change up this recipe in several ways by adding different veggies, using roasted cauliflower instead of the sweet potatoes, or hey even add steak or chicken to this, who cares?! This recipe is just a way to change things up a bit, if you are trying to eat healthier... more healthy.... better :-)

I don't have a shot of the final product all rolled up because I stuffed so much into that tortilla, it got hella messy; not ideal for photography! Didn't stop me from downing it in all of its sloppy glory.

So word to the wise, add about half the filling that I do and you will be fine.

I had leftovers for lunch the next day and it was equally good and got many "Oh that smells good" comments in the lunch room at work.

Ok, let's get started.....





 

 I could have let the sweet potato cook for longer to get them really golden but I was hungry hangry

Remember, hella messy so use half. I am a glutton when it comes to fajitas so I can't help myself.


print recipe

Sweet Potato Fajitas
If you want to try a new twist on a classic Tex-Mex meal, this will satisfy your craving.
Ingredients
  • 2 large Sweet Potatoes (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
  • 1- 2 Tbsp EVOO
  • 2 tsp Salt
  • 2 tsp Ground pepper
  • 1-2 tsp Cumin
  • 1 Avocado (sliced)
  • To top your fajita Salsa
  • To top your fajita Sour Cream
  • To top your fajita Cheese (shredded)
  • 4 Tortillas (whatever brand you like)
  • 1 medium sized Onions (sliced into strips)
  • 1 Red Peppers (sliced into strips)
  • just a squeeze Lime juice
Instructions
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F- Place the chopped sweet potato on a baking sheet (I used my Pampered Chef baking stone). Coat with the EVOO, 1 1/2 tsp each of the salt and pepper and 1 - 2 tsp of cumin- Place in the oven to cook for about 30 mins until golden brown.- While the taters are cooking, heat a frying pan over medium heat, add a little oil and place the onions in the pan- Add the remaining 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper and allow to cook for 5 mins- Add the red peppers and give everything a good stir. I like my peppers more on the crunchy side so I cook them for about 3-4 mins. Cook longer if you like.- Place sliced avocado in a bowl, add salt and pepper if you like and give it a squeeze of lime juice. Adds flavor and keeps them from going brown.- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven and start to load up your tortilla with the potatoes, onions, peppers, avocado, salsa, sour cream and cheese.- Roll it up and enjoy!
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4

No comments

Haters not welcome

Back to Top