I have several ways to make tacos and you can certainly add to and change up this approach by adding cilantro, using fish (Mahi-Mahi is best) or using hard shells. However this recipe is SO EASY, it can be on your table in like 15 mins. It will blow your mind and after you've recovered, it will satisfy your taco craving nicely. Try not making in a sweat inducing environment like it did. Passing out while cooking is not so sexy.
Now this avocado cream, it's uses are only limited by your imagination. I slap this on sandwiches or add it to pesto (or on it's own) and use as a pasta sauce. Literally you throw the ingredients in a blender, blast it until it's creamy and you're done.
As always eliminate the jalapeno if you aren't into spice but the pepper turns a little sweet when you fry it. Eliminate the seeds if you just want a little heat.
I forgot to include the Old Bay Seasoning that I will be using on the shrimp
Easy Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Cream
Easy tacos that will get you in the mood for more tacos!
- 1 package Frozen Shrimp (thawed, deveined and peeled)
- 1-2 large Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 Jalapeno (diced)
- 2 Avocados
- 1-2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 Tortillas
- 1 tsp each Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp Oil
- 3/4 cup shredded (use pre-shredded to save even more time!) Any cheese (I used Pepper Jack)
- Place the ripe avocado, sour cream, garlic cloves, salt, pepper and half of the lime juice into a blender and blend until creamy- In a frying pan in medium-high heat, pour in the oil the jalapeno and allow to cook for about a minute- Add the shrimp and cook for one minute- Turn the shrimp over, add the remaining lemon and lime juice, sprinkle the Old Bay Seasoning and cook until the shrimp it turns a lovely pink- Take a tortilla, smooth the avocado cream in the middle, place the cooked shrimp mixture and top with diced tomatoes and cheese- Roll up and chow down with a beer chaser!
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4