There are many different ways to make a coconut red curry. I find this way easy enough for a weeknight meal, or as a hangover cure when you have tied one on. This can be a crowd pleaser that anyone can master. Cook this up for a bunch of friends and family and be like "Mmmmmm Hmmmm, yas girl, I got this!"
You can top this on rice, quinoa or couscous like it did. The ONLY thing I would do differently next time is that I would use lemongrass to add that sour element. Next time for sure!
This recipe is from Thai Kitchen, but I added a few of my own alterations. If you try it out for yourself, please let me know how it went, what you did differently and shit, even if you hated it, leave a comment!
The original recipe didn't call for it, but at the last minute I remembered I had some basil, so YAAASSSS!
I used whole wheat couscous, but you can use whatever suits you.
Coconut Red Curry with Shrimp
Death bed meal, and it's easy!
- 1 cup Onion (chopped)
- 6-8 button Mushrooms (chopped into quarters)
- 1/2 package Shrimp (deveined, thawed, peeled
- 2 Peppers (red or yellow, cut into strips)
- 2 Baby Bok Choy (chopped)
- 3 large Tbsp Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- 1 can Coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Basil (roughly chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Fish sauce
- a few squirts Sriracha (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- cooked according to package instructions Rice, quinoa or couscous
- Heat a large pan or Wok over medium heat and add the chopped onion. Cook for 2 mins- Make the rice, quinoa or couscous according to package directions- Add the mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes- Add the peppers and baby bok choy and cook for 1-2 mins- Add the coconut milk and stir to combine- Add the red curry paste and brown sugar and stir. Add the fish sauce. Let simmer for about 3-5 mins- Add the shrimp and let cook until they turn pink, about 3-5 mins. If you are adding the Sriracha, go ahead and do that now.- Add the basil right at the end and stir- Spoon over the rice, quinoa or couscous and dive into the goodness!
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4