So, I have never made this before but I attempted the Italian Pasta Salad which is one of the dishes that Nikki tested. I made it as a hot dish for dinner, then the leftovers I ate cold the next day for lunch. I also added a few spices because spices are.... the spice of life? Ugh lame.
So was it easy? Did it taste like slop? Will I ever make this again? Answers will unfold as we dive in....
So here we go!
Along with YouTube, this pasta is also a new obsession. I love the texture of it and it really just cradles whatever sauce you use to perfection!
Had to get in some Nikkie Tutorials while my pasta was cooking
Taking the tip from Nikki P to make sure to add the spinach while the pasta was still hot, I added it right back into the hot pot to whilt nicely. I just drained the pasta, placed it back in the pot that is still super HAWT and then added the spinach and ricotta so they melt into a gooey goodness.
SO GOOD! This turned out really well; it was creamy but light and anytime tomatoes and cheese are in the mix, you have me at hello. I will say, you will have to like the texture of ricotta cheese to like this dish. You could omit the ricotta if you find it goopy, no judgment!
I would definetly make this again and the only thing I would change is I would add a little EVOO before I add the spinach and ricotta as I think it would smooth out the sauce a bit.
I also made the Mexican Quinoa bowl that Nikki enlightened me to in her vlog; that post and my thoughts coming soon!
Follow me on Snapchat (mm96bj) and Instagram for more food!
Easy Ricotta Pasta with Tomatoes and Spinach
Found on YouTube, made it my own. Its so easy, you will want to make it and eat it on the daily. You can eat this hot or cold.
- 2 Plum tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 pkg Pasta (any kind you like)
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesean Cheese (shredded)
- 2 large handfuls Baby spinach
- 1 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions- While pasta is cooking, dice the tomatoes and watch a YouTube video or two- Once pasta is cooked, drain quickly (leaving the pasta a little wet), place back in the pot you cooked it in, quickly throw in the baby spinach and ricotta. Leave the lid on for a minute to heat up the ricotta and whilt the spinach. I left the pot over the hot but turned off burner.- Place the tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder to the pot and stir thoroughly.- Sprinkle the parmesean in the pasta and stir lightly.- Add some shaved parmesean over top, serve and enjoy!
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2 meal, 4 side